Aims / Curriculum Intent
At Little Aston Primary Academy we aim to;
- Implement a broad, balanced, stimulating, inclusive and world class curriculum which is rooted in our school’s locality and context;
- Meet the needs of all of our learners;
- Take national requirements and international expectations and teach them in our local setting;
- Make teaching and learning real, exciting and inspirational;
- Develop the ‘whole child’ – intellectual, aesthetic, physical, emotional, spiritual and social development through personal, social, health education (PSHE), relationships and sex education (RSE), religious education (RE) and character development;
- Excite our pupils imaginations and fire curiosity;
- Raise aspirations and widen horizons;
- Enable every learner to leave school with the confidence, ability and desire to make the world a better place.
Our curriculum is based on the September 2014 National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 & 2 and the Early Years 2012 framework in EYFS. We also follow the Staffordshire Syllabus for Religious Education.
The curriculum is defined as all the planned activities that we as a school organise in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. It includes, not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but also the range of extra-curricular activities and school experiences that we school organise in order to enrich the experiences of our children. This also includes the ‘hidden curriculum’, or what the children learn from the way they are treated and expected to behave in our school which is sometimes referred to as the ‘caught and taught’ curriculum.
Please follow the link for an overview of the Primary National Curriculum Years 1 to 6.